Barrocas & Rieger, LLP
100 Quentin Roosevelt Boulevard
Garden City, New York 11530
||Matrimonial and Family Law.
- 1973, State of New York – 2nd Judicial Department
- 1974, United States District Court of New York, Eastern District
- 1975, United States District Court of New York, Southern District
- 1975, United States Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1972
- Assistant District Attorney-Kings County (1973-1977)
- Private practice (1977- ), devoted exclusively to Matrimonial and Family Law since 1982.
|New York State Bar Association – Family Law Section: Serve on:
Executive Committee; Chair of Family Court Committee; Membership Committee, Child Custody Committee, Legislative Committee; Nassau County BarAssociation: Serve on: Matrimonial Committee (previously served as Co-Chair of the Child Custody Subcommitteeand Co-Chair of Legislative Subcommittee), Family Court Law and Procedure Committee and Chair of the Lawyer Referral Committee; Suffolk County Bar Association: Serve on Matrimonial Committee; New York Family Law American Inn of Court: Hold position of Barrister; and, Nassau Lawyers Association of Long Island: Member
Intemational Academy ofCollaborative Professionals (IACP): Member New YorkAcademyofCollaborativeProfessionals (NYACP): Member
- Preparation of written materials for New York State Bar Association
- CLE, “How to Handle a Custody Case”;
- Drafted articles for the New York Family Law American Inn of Court on “Modification of Child Support”.
||New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education
Programs on Basic Matrimonial Practice – Subject areas: Practice Management and Ethics and How to Handle a Custody Case; Participated in various Continuing Legal Education Programs fortheNassau County BarAssociation Matrimonial Committee and Nassau Academy of Law; Suffolk County Bar Association Academy of Law – SUbject area: Examination and Cross-Examination of Forensic Psychiatrists and “Bridge the Gap”; Sf. John’s University Law School – Subject area: Drafting Custody Agreements;
Touro Law School – Power Point Presentation re: Preparing Net Worth Affidavits.
- Hofstra University School of Law – Institute of Trial Advocacy and
- Moot Court: Participated as a Judge in Moot Court Competition;
- New York State Bar Association-Family Law Section: Chaired programs for Hofstra University-School of Law students;
- Appointed Arbitrator of Client Fee Disputes by Office of Court Administration of Nassau County;
- Received training in Mediation through Office of Court Administration at the Center for Mediation Training; and
- Participant of the Nassau County Bar Association Early Neutral Evaluation Program.
- Adjunct Faculty Member for Hofstra University School of LawNational Institute of Trial Advocacy and Moot Court; and, Adjunct Faculty Member for Queens College Continuing Education
- Programs – Paralegal Studies/Subject: Family Law.
Received AV Rating by Martindale Hubbell